The NSW GBOTA commenced finish on lure testing at Gosford on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 following consultation with Greyhound Racing NSW.
The testing, which saw over 66 trials undertaken focused on assessing the finish on lure in preparation for its potential implementation to racing in the near future.
Redden Vision, who were commissioned by GRNSW utilised GoPro technology to record the trial for further assessment by GRNSW staff and appointed specialists. Further, records were taken of how each trial progressed and the type of muzzle used by each runner and any complications this may have provided.
One trial's vision can be seen below:
Richmond GRC will commence their finish on testing from Monday, January 18, while Gosford will have its next finish on testing session on Wednesday, January 20 followed by another session on January 27.
The sessions on January 20 and 27 will be conducted as follows:
- Tickets on sale from 5.30pm
- Session to commence at 6.30pm - Field trials first
- No catching pen in use - finish on only. Muzzles must be worn by all runners.
- Solo or slips permitted - though must finish on. A cost of $11 per trial will apply
- Field trials will be made available FREE OF CHARGE. The NSW GBOTA is keen to encourage as many participants as possible to trial in fields of 4 to 8
- Puppy trials - unraced greyhounds only - maximum 4 per trial; papers must be presented (naming or formal race papers)
- Lightly raced: greyhound with no more than 10 starts - up to 8 dogs per trial; racing papers must be presented
- Performed greyhounds; greyhounds over 10 starts - up to 8 dogs per trial; racing papers must be presented
- Field trials will be conducted from the start of the session, in the following order:
- 600m puppy trial/s - up to 4 per trial
- 600m lightly raced - up to 8 per trial
- 600m performed - up to 8 per trial
- 515m puppy trial/s - up to 4 per trial
- 515m lightly raced - up to 8 per trial
- 515m performed - up to 8 per trial
- 400m puppy trial/s - up to 4 per trial
- 400m lightly raced - up to 8 per trial
- 400m performed - up to 8 per trial
- 280m puppy trial/s - up to 4 per trial
- 280m lightly raced - up to 8 per trial
- 280m performed - up to 8 per trial
Slips and Solos from boxes at $11 each will then commence following field trials. Tickets for solo or slips must be purchased by 7pm.
The NSW GBOTA also wishes to remind participants that Miller's Muzzles 5 wire variety and black squawkers which are used on the finish on arm are available for purchase at the Gosford track.
Muzzles are $20 each; with range of sizes available, while squawkers are available at $40 each for GBOTA members on presentation of their membership card or $50 for non members.