Please join us in attending the Save Canberra Greyhounds Rally to show your support for the Canberra Club. One day from your week could prove the difference in safeguarding the industry as a whole, not just now but for future generations of greyhound racing participants.
We will have a bus leave from Richmond, we encourage those which can coordinate a bus from their local region to do so. The Richmond bus will depart at 6.30am and seats can be booked through Ellen (email@example.com or 0403802022)
Save Canberra Greyhounds Rally
Date: Monday 27th November
• 11am meet at Canberra Greyhound club track (235 Narrabundah Lane, Symonston) – to pick up shirts, signs
• 12pm rally at ACT legislative assembly (196 London cct, Canberra ACT 2601) – duration approximately 1hr
Why NSW participants should come:
• A Canberra win will act to safeguard NSW and indeed the whole industry nationwide however if Canberra were to shut then a precedent has been set which will make the other states vulnerable and give the animal activists a huge confident boost to continue/ramp up their campaigns Nationwide.
• The Ban is completely politically motivated with not one breach of animal welfare at the CGRC in its 38yr history.
• To support your fellow trainers/owners/breeders & staff in the ACT area who travelled to Sydney on a bus for the NSW rally.
• A big show of numbers at the rally will show not just the local government but every state government that greyhound racing is a large, strong community that cannot be bullied.
• After the rally there will be light refreshments and the bar will be open at discounted prices for all supporters.
• Please do not bring your greyhounds to the rally, if you wish to bring them on the journey as it fits in with your racing schedule please advise the club as we will have the race day kennels open. (which are air conditioned, secure & under surveillance)
• Please contact your local club if you wish to come on a bus, CGRC will be contacting them shortly to offer assistance.